Hello Possible New Neighbour,
Welcome! My name is Gordon Squires. I am the developer of the Granite Woods Community. I am pleased you have expressed an interest in our development and community.
We have had considerable interest in our beautiful Granite Woods Community. Everyone loves the lake and the lifestyle it has to offer…
Lake Life Rocks!
Some have want to buy and build, and others who look at it as a great financial investment. It truly is both.
Location and Offerings
- Lakefront lots! Limited number available.
- All with 250’+ of waterfront… all large… from 3.6 to 6.9 acres.
- Developer financing available.
- We are on one of the best and cleanest fresh water lake systems in Atlantic Canada.
GREAT swimming! Great water skiing! Great boating! Great special canoeing & kayaking areas!
- From North to South the water system is 10km long.
We have 40 km of shoreline, and 40 islands of various sizes.
- Close to civilization… yet very private… seldom will you hear a car.
- Unlike most NS lakes, the water stays at the same height all spring and summer, due to a NS
Power hydroelectric dam.
- In the fall, the water is dropped 4’ to make electricity, and remains low all winter, protecting our
docks and shorelines.
- All lots have easy access to 100’s of km of ATV/snowmobile trails.
- Within Granite Woods we have over 1000 acres of private non‐motorized hiking manicured
trails, rough woods, and rugged wetlands.
- All our lake lots (most of the time) have a great on‐shore breeze. (Helps push bugs away.)
- All our lake lots enjoy GREAT sunset views.
Our Community: All Are Welcome
Granite Woods offers lots of privacy, yet still part of a great community:
- We each live on our private secluded property, in our own space.
- Optionally, there are opportunities to volunteer with some community efforts.
- With the exception of essential services like 911, and county garbage collection, we are mostly on our own.
We are truly an Off‐Grid Community… well ‘kind of ’… everyone does makes their own electricity, BUT unlike some off‐grid stereotypes, no one is roughing it, or living off the land… or at least not yet 😊.
There are some hippy dippy people among us (like me), but we all like clean hot water and
- Satellite TV is easy with Bell or Shaw, and has the same (or better) selection than cable TV.
- High Speed Internet is available with Eastlink’s Rural Wireless, and Xplornet. I use
Eastlink and regularly watch Netflix, and connect to the office via VPN.
- Most have propane appliances and heat. Propane and natural gas are very common
throughout Canada and the USA… just not as much in NS. There are lots of great
appliance options. We have an awesome group propane rate.
- When you are ready, there are some great suppliers who can hook‐up and maintain
your solar electrical system… When NS Power goes out we are not affected.
I would be happy to chat and answer any of your questions.
Please email or text me, and we’ll organize a shoreline boat tour and my off‐grid home. Even if you don’t buy a lot, we’d love to show you around.
text (902) 300‐0555
Your New Lake Lot
Please open Map #3, as it will help greatly as you read the information below.
- Price and Financing:
- If you want, we will cheerfully finance your lot. Very flexible terms and amortization. Pay‐off early at any time.
- There are many pictures on our photo gallery.
- If you are looking at Google Maps, look toward the south east side of Aylesford Lake. The farthest south home you will see is on Lot 15.
- If you look at ViewPoint.ca not all of the attached map of lots are subdivided, yet. Your lot would be subdivided, prior to closing.
- The topographic contour lines illustrate the grade of the land. Each line is at the exact same elevation. The lake is at 206m. The contour lines are vertically 5m apart. Different people like different landscapes. These will help give you a big picture view before you start hiking through the woods.
- The 250’ diameter circles are for septic guidelines, but also helps you judge sizes. FYI, if you can draw a 250’ diameter circle on the lot it gets an easy NS‐DOE (Department of Environment) septic approval.
- Standard Granite Woods Developer Easement (covenants) apply. These provide many reasonable development and neighbourly guidelines, to help ensure your lake property holds its value forever.
- We have some common facilities planned. Just south of Lot 27 is where a common boat launch and beach are scheduled to happen.
For more information see the full PDF here: Introduction Letter